Re: [Condor-users] Quill performance

Hi,

On Tuesday 14 July 2009 02:44:16 Mag Gam wrote:
> We are in the process of buying 500+ servers for our university's
> Physics lab. We want to keep track of all of our usage, therefore we
> would like to use Quill. How would Quill scale for this type of
> workload?

After some trouble last year we restarted using quill about 2 weeks ago (on a
6800 slot cluster) and so far it seems to behave well. Just make sure that the
quill machine is powerful enough and won't be choked down by users. Our
current setup is having 3+2 submit machines (3 special running also collectors
and negotiator in HA mode) and one box running the negotiator with the dbmsd.

So far it has worked fine, but then we have yet to see "real" heavy usage.

HTH

carsten