Re: [Condor-users] Xen VM-based machine suddenly being rejected by collector

> No other machine in my pool is experiencing troubles
> connecting. It's something to do with the Xen image. I just
> can't put my finger on what exactly.

Possible this is the problem with this machine: no other machine in my
pool is using DHCP except for this VM. I did a forward and reverse
lookup on the negotiator machine and after I did that the machine showed
up. I'm guessing it forced a DNS update on the box.

That's a resonabe explanation but the rejected message doesn't seem very
explicit in this case:

6/29 12:36:19 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
<137.57.174.68:45472> for command 2 (UPDATE_MASTER_AD), access level
ADVERTISE_MASTER
6/29 12:36:19 Got QUERY_STARTD_ADS
6/29 12:36:19 (Sending 758 ads in response to query)
6/29 12:36:23 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
<137.57.174.68:59677> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD), access level
ADVERTISE_STARTD
6/29 12:36:24 Got QUERY_SUBMITTOR_ADS
6/29 12:36:24 (Sending 10 ads in response to query)
6/29 12:36:24 DaemonCore: PERMISSION DENIED to unknown user from host
<137.57.174.68:49270> for command 0 (UPDATE_STARTD_AD), access level
ADVERTISE_STARTD

Can someone from the Condor team confirm or deny that this is the
rejected message I'd see if my hostname <--> IP for an executor didn't
match up at the negotiator?

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.