Re: [Condor-users] Size of the statically linked 7.2.1 release?

Ian Chesal wrote:
I just downloaded a particularly monstrous
condor-7.2.1-linux-x86-rhel5.tar.gz release. It's statically linked so I
expect big, but this one was a whopping 292 MB tarred and compressed.
When did Condor get so large?

Mostly when we started including the .dbg files.  :)

I'm trying to trim the fat a bit before I deploy it here. Are all those
.dbg files necessary?

No, they are not necessary. These .dbg files just contain the debugging symbols that have been stripped out of the executables, and are only of use if
  (a) you wish to debug the binaries w/ a debugger like gdb, or
(b) of (heaven forbid!) a Condor daemon should terminate w/ an unexpected signal due to a bug -- if this happens, the log file can contain a useful stack backtrace that can assist in debugging the problem.

regards,
Todd