[Condor-users] Upgrading condor config

Hi all,

we would like to change the configuration on a few nodes, however, this
involves killing the startd on these as we want to use some special slot
setup. Since a mixture of standard as well as vanilla universe jobs are
running I would like to know if there is a way to perform this upgrade
without major disruption of service?

OTOH I can just issue a condor_reconfigure which will wipe out the jobs
currently running, standard universe will be restarted where they left
of while vanilla jobs will be starting from scratch again, right?

OTOH I can create a fake config with START=FALSE and wait until the node
is running dry, then upgrade, and restart condor properly.

Is there a third way, I'm currently not seeing?

Cheers

Carsten