Re: [Condor-users] Use IP constraint in condor_status, but why is there also port number?

Greg Thain wrote:
>>    Any suggestions how to solve this?
>
> condor_status -f "%s\n" 'regexps("<([^:]+):\d+>", MyAddress, "\1")'

Thank you, but that is not what I need.

In a shell script, I want to be able to do following:

IP="<125.125.120.67>"
Slot="1"
condor_status -l \
   -constraint "MyIP == \"$IP\""\
   -constraint "SlotID == $Slot"

There is no "MyIP" tag and hence this is impossible.
I always need to attach the port number to the IP when
I use the constraint, for example:

port="3562"
IP="<125.125.120.67:$port>"
Slot="1"
condor_status -l \
   -constraint "MyAddress == \"$IP\""\
   -constraint "SlotID == $Slot"

But that port number is volatile; it varies from boot to boot.

In summary:
if I know the IP and the slot number, why can't I use that unique
information to get the condor_status info.....?

Rob.