Re: [Condor-users] Please Help!

On Mar 13, 2009, at 12:44 AM, Aditi Oberoi wrote:
I'm using a RHEL5 server edition. I had downloaded Condor-7.2.1 rpm
for RHEL
3, and installed the package. When i try configuring it using the codor_configure command. It gives me the following error.* ERROR "gethostbyname(localhost.localdomain) failed, errno = 25" at line 187
 in file my_hostname.cpp
 Unable to find local directory!*

I tried searching for the my_hostname.cpp file, but I am not able to find it.
Pls Help!

my_hostname.cpp refers to Condor's internal source code: you can ignore that portion of the error message.

Condor requires host name resolution to be properly set up: you need to be able to do two things in order for Condor (and condor_configure) to work properly:

1) You need to be able to convert from your hostname to an IP address. Not just your hostname, but for all hosts in the Condor pool.

2) You need to be able to convert IP addresses to hostnames.

This is a system administration task that is beyond the scope of Condor: it just needs to be working before you install Condor.

My best guess from your hostname is that you are not using DNS, and your /etc/hosts file is not configured correctly.

-alain
Alain Roy                                         roy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Condor Project                      http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor