Re: [Condor-users] condor_master.exe does not start onwindows machine reboot

Hi Ian,

According to our IT people the Samba service configuration is
[condor]
        comment = Environment HPC-GRID
        path = /some/path/to/condor/config
        browsable = no
        guest ok = yes
        writable = no
        short preserve case = yes
        preserve case = yes
        oplocks = no

Similar to yours.
But I am still facing the shared filesystem access delay that prevents Condor service to start.
Any other clue?

Klaus

Klaus Schwarzmeier/ENGENHARIA/SJK/EMBRAER

17/03/2009 12:17

Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Condor-users] condor_master.exe does not start        onwindows        machine        rebootLink

Hi Ian,

Thank you for your clue. We will be trying it.

Regards, Klaus

Ian Chesal <ICHESAL@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

17/03/2009 12:07

Please respond to
Condor-Users Mail List <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Condor-users] condor_master.exe does not start        onwindows        machine        reboot

> The shared filesystem (SaMBa) is available for the
> Windows Machines served by some linux servers.
> It does not depend on another service to be started
> locally.
> In most of our pool machines the service finds the
> configuration files but on some machines it doesn't.
> It seems that there is some delay on NETLOGON
> authentication process of this machine on the AD
> that is preventing Condor to find the configuration
> files on the network.

The only reliable way I've been able to find to get Condor on Windows to
read configuration files, off a network share, using a UNC path, is to
use Samba, with the share configured for wide-open, read-only access.

Anything that involves any authentication step seems to trip up Windows
services.

I use the follow smb.conf entry to share out configuration files for
Windows machines:

       [condor]
               comment = Condor Configuration File Share
               path = /opt/condor
               public = yes
               only guest = yes
               writeable = no
               printable = no
               browseable = no

Windows machines are told to read \\sambahost\condor\condor_config as
their configuration file. That has not only worked reliably for us for a
few years now, but its scaled quite well.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.