Re: [Condor-users] How to Configure Condor when pool is only one machine(Personal Condor)

Hey:

Maybe you omitted it by mistake, but your list suggest that you
are not running a schedd.  This is required for the type of
installation you describe.

For a new user wanting to experiment with Condor on their machine,
I'd recommend the following install:

1) Create a new Condor Pool: MyTestPool (or something more imaginative)
2a) Check: Allow jobs to be submitted
2b) Select: Always run jobs and never suspend them
<click 'Next >' until you get to the "Host Permission Settings" page>
3) In 'Hosts with Write access', write $(FULL_HOSTNAME)
<click 'Next >' until you reach the "Chose Setup Type" page>
4) Click on the square "Install" button
5) Again, click on "Install" (didn't we already do that?)
<a good time to get a coffee...>
6) Click "Finish"

Go have fun exploring Condor's capabilities :)

Regards,
-B