From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Stephen Upton
Sent: 22 March 2009 18:59
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: [Condor-users] How is Requirements _expression_ constructed?

Hi All,

I recently upgraded from 6.8 to 7.2 and I had jobs that remained idle in the queue. Using 'condor_q -better', I found out that the requirements _expression_ included the architecture of the host (X86_64) and I previously only had to specify OpSys = WINNT51, with no Arch _expression_. Well, I also just installed this on a new Linux host as well, but I still don't see in the manual or otherwise, how the requirements _expression_ is constructed. I looked in both the global and local config files, but still don't see how condor construct this _expression_. Once I added 'Arch == "INTEL"' in my submit file, all the jobs worked fine. Adding it there is not a problem, since I think it's a little more explicit, but was curious if I'm missing something (likely! ;-) or if adding it to your submit file is better practice.

thanx
steve

Stephen C. Upton

Research Associate
SEED (Simulation Experiments & Efficient Designs) Center
Operations Research Department
Naval Postgraduate School
Cell: 831-402-3888
NIPR: scupton@xxxxxxx
SEED Center web site: http://harvest.nps.edu

----

Gloucester Research Limited believes the information provided herein is reliable. While every care has been taken to ensure accuracy, the information is furnished to the recipients with no warranty as to the completeness and accuracy of its contents and on condition that any errors or omissions shall not be made the basis for any claim, demand or cause for action.

The information in this email is intended only for the named recipient.  If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately and do not copy, distribute or take action based on this e-mail.

All messages sent to and from this email address will be logged by Gloucester Research Ltd and are subject to archival storage, monitoring, review and disclosure.

Gloucester Research Limited, 5th Floor, Whittington House, 19-30 Alfred Place, London WC1E 7EA.

Gloucester Research Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 04267560.

----