Re: [Condor-users] help with output transferring

Burcu Kosar wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My model outputs results in a folder called "results" *simultaneously *as
> the program runs and at any time during the simulation run I should be able
> to access the files that are already created.
>
> Condor does not like an output file declaration in my code and exits with
> status 1.
>
> When I run my code in test machines they work very well with the "results"
> folder declared in my code but when i transfer the job to one of the
> universes in condor it does not do that.
>
> What should i do about it???
>
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> PS: My code only runs in one machine.
>
> Thank you....

The common solution here is to wrap your model in a script that uses something like zip or tar to turn your input&output into a single file that Condor can transfer.

If you are doing this all on a single machine you should have shared disk and can probably just set an /initial_dir/ for each run, e.g. initial_dir = run1, initial_dir = run2. Condor will start your model in those dirs and you'll get run1/results/, run2/results/.

Best,

matt