Re: [Condor-users] exclude nodes via the condor_config?

> We have some nodes in our compute cluster that have been out of commission
> for a while so have old versions of software and databases on them and
> I'm concerned that when I turn them back on, they'll start advertising
> for jobs and running them.
>
> Is there a simple way to (in the master or submit CONDOR_CONFIG) to
> prevent them joining the pool?

If you have machine-specific config files, you could per-bad machine, do:

        START = False

Then they won't run jobs.

But if you only have one global config file that all machines use you need to write a more complicated START expression. Lets say your machine has the attribute:

        Machine = badbox.mydomain.com

I could say in my global START expression:

        START = Machine != "badbox.mydomain.com"

Now START = True for machines where Machine isn't "badbox.mydomain.com" and it's false for the bad machine. More than one machine? Chain them together with && clauses.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.