Re: [Condor-users] Condor 6.8.n: job scheduling process delays

> Back to your original question, this is entirely a scalability issue.
> Prior to the 6.9.3 release the schedd simply couldn't handle more than
> a few thousand jobs in the job queue without a severe degradation in
> performance.  I believe your previous message stated you had around
> 17,500 jobs in the queue - this simply won't work with Condor 6.8.

Optionally, if you have only a handful of schedd machines in the pool you can upgrade them to 7.x.x. I'm running 6.8.6 execution nodes with 7.0.x central machines (negotiator/collector, schedd/quill) without issue.

- Ian

Confidentiality Notice.
This message may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution,  or copying  of this message, or any attachments, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail, and delete the message and any attachments.  Thank you.