Re: [Condor-users] How to do $REMOTE_ENV(...) for execute side environment resolution?

Dan,

Dan Bradley wrote:
STARTER_JOB_ENVIRONMENT - allows you to poke stuff into the job's environment from the configuration file on the execute node.

$$ - allows you to insert stuff into the environment/args of the job from the machine ClassAd.

To use $$, you would need the machine ClassAd to advertise attributes containing the values you want. Example configuration file:

FOO="blah"
STARTD_ATTRS = $(STARTD_ATTRS) FOO

And then when you submit the job:

environment = FOO=$$(FOO)

Thanks for those tips. I'm submitting jobs to remote sites via OSG, so I can't control machine classads or condor config.

I've just thought through the larger implication of this -- OSG is using Condor-G and the execute node may not be Condor at all, so it seems I really am stuck with yet another wrapper layer to sort out site- or execute-node-specific environment variables, paths, configuration, etc., unless someone has some great insight into the problem.

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees                            W: http://sbgrid.org
ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75