Re: [Condor-users] Condor checkpointing

Alternatives would be to run your native code in a virtual machine and checkpoint snapshots of the VM
or to intercept SIGTERM and implement checkpointing yourself.
Depending on your application implementation of object persistence can be relatively simple.

 Andrew

2009/8/21 Carsten Aulbert <carsten.aulbert@xxxxxxxxxx>
Hi

On Friday 21 August 2009 05:25:37 Mag Gam wrote:
> I am interesting in condor checkpointing because at my lab we have
> models which run for days. But most of our code is done in Python,
> Perl and awk. I was wondering if its possible to setup checkpointing
> for something like this?

Not right now. So far you have to condor_compile the stuff to get
checkpointing.

I think (Condor people should correct me here) that they plan of getting
something more sophisticated out there which will allow exactly this. But I
don't know if this already planned for the 7.6 release.

Cheers

Carsten