[Condor-users] New user question: Eviction of long jobs

Hi all, I have just started using Condor for the first time. I submitted a matlab job that is going to take a long while (I estimate 8 hours). I saw that it already got evicted four times. I believe that means it had to start over on another machine, is that correct? Is there any way to tell condor to save my job for a machine/a time when it can run to completion?

Also is there any one place where documentation on these various things resides?

thank you,
Laura