Re: [Condor-users] HIBERNATE expression has no effect ?

Ian,

Did you ever figure out what was causing this problem? If so, then whatever is causing "Failed to locate collector host" is at least part of the problem. It may help to add D_FULLDEBUG and D_HOSTNAME to STARTD_DEBUG.

--Dan

Smith, Ian wrote:
Some more info on this which may be of use ...

I noticed that the startd hadn't picked up the available hibernation states.

When I set
HIBERNATION_PLUGIN=c:\condor\bin\condor_power_state

on start up the startd now sets the supported states to  "S3,S4,S5".
If I set HIBERNATE="S3" the startd does seem to try to hibernate
but stops short of actually doing it. In the StartLog I see:

01/12 14:34:38 ResMgr: This machine is about to enter hibernation
01/12 14:34:38 In ResMgr::disableResources ()
01/12 14:34:40 Failed to locate collector host.

As far as I can tell the startd is trying to send an incomplete/malformed
ClassAd to the central manager (looks like the "Name" and "Machine"
attributes are undefined) and when this fails giving up on actually
hibernating the machine.

Does the help ?

regards,

-ian.