Re: [Condor-users] shortening the interval at which the job queue is processed

Hi Alexandre

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 13:56:32 Alexandre Fayolle wrote:
> Some of my users submit quite short lived jobs (completing within a couple
> of minutes) and complain that they sometimes have to wait for "too long"
> before the job is started.
>
> Can anyone confirm that setting NEGOCIATOR_INTERVAL to e.g. 20 on the
> central manager will improve the situation? Is there any problem with
> doing so?

I think this should help, provided the central manager can cope with the extra
load.

If the users put quite a number of jobs into the queue and they are short-
lived you can try to optimize CLAIM_WORKLIFE on the worker nodes. Using this
you can bypass the central manager for some time (with the caveat that other
users might stay in the queue for some time longer as their fair share might
dictate).

We are using this with a value of 3600 (seconds) and it works nicely, try it
:)

Cheers

Carsten