Re: [Condor-users] measuring power of cluster

Hi Mag Gam

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 14:47:47 Mag Gam wrote:
> Out of curiosity how does one measure the total CPU power of a condor
> pool? I see there is a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOP500 and I am
> sure they too use some sort of cluster to manage their jobs how do
> these people do it? I would like to run this test on my cluster...

Good luck. Unfortunately, running linpack (top500) is not so straight forward
- compiling is the easy part. Optimizing it for your setup is time consuming
and a single run can easily last for hours (at least it did for us).

To get (close) to the optimum you need experience (or a lot of luck).

An easy number to quote is what condor derives from its benchmarking or what
the theoretical peak performance of your CPUs is.

Sorry for not being very specific but it's really hard to get a good metric.

Cheers

Carsten