[Condor-users] Are you interested on helping us?

Dear Condor Users,

I am Sónia Liléo and I am working as R&D manager at O2 Vind, the largest Swedish on-shore wind power producer.

We are actively present in all stages of wind power development, from the first wind speed measurements to the construction of the wind farms, the production of wind-generated electricity and the wind energy retail business.

We are at the moment testing a simulation model that uses distributed computing technology, namely Condor, to share the workload between several machines.

We have a cluster of computers where we have installed Condor and have been trying to configure it in order to be able to run this model.

Is there anyone of you who would like to visit Stockholm and help us with configuring Condor in our machines?

We would like to meet personally someone that has experience of using Condor that can help us in our start-up work with Condor.

Please let me know as soon as possible if you are interested.

We are willing to pay for your help.

By the way, the Center for High Performance Computing of the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm is organizing a two-day symposium that will be held on the 30th and 31st August to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

“Included in the symposium will be talks by world-leading scientists on high-performance computing in Europe and Sweden, and science done using such high-end computing power. At this symposium we will also inaugurate our new Cray XT6m system. A poster session highlighting accomplishments by users of high-performance computing in Sweden, as part of SNIC Interaction, will complement the event. SNIC users are invited to submit an abstract of their poster using the abstract submission feature of this webpage.”

Please visit http://agenda.albanova.se/conferenceDisplay.py?confId=2062 for more information.

It might be a good opportunity to combine the participation in this symposium with some days of work at our company and with a visit to the lovely city of Stockholm!

Kind Regards,

Sónia

Sónia Liléo, Ph. D.

Wind resource analyst – R&D manager
O2 Strandvägen 5B 114 51 Stockholm
Tel: +46 8 559 310 37 Mobile: +46 73 752 95 74

www.o2.se