Re: [Condor-users] Condor 7.4.3 - stork_server missing

Steffi Gebauer-Jung wrote:
 Hello,

I'm quite new to Condor, just playing with a small Condor pool.
This pool was set up with Condor version 7.4.2.
Now I tried to add another node using version 7.4.3.
The MasterLog says: "stork_server: Cannot execute".
And actually I could not find stork_server in the downloaded tarball.
Is it to be installed separately?

If you are not using Stork (if you are not sure if you are or not, you aren't using it), you should be able to fix the above problem by removing the word STORK from the line in your condor_config that starts with DAEMON_LIST, and then firing up the condor_master as usual. Doing this will tell the condor_master to not bother trying to start up the stork_server.

As for why there is no stork_server in your tarball: it only appears on Linux w/ GNU LibC 2.3 (essentially, RHEL 3 and its ilk).

regards,
Todd

Thanks for your help,
Steffi