[Condor-users] Per-slot rank expressions?

Hi,

I have machines that use Hyperthreading.  I'd like to enable one slot
per thread.  However, I would like half of them to have a higher rank
than the rest to avoid putting work other than 'nice' jobs onto the
hyperthreads unless my pool is otherwise full.

Examples of what I've tried:

example1 {

SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpu=1, mem=4096
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 8
SLOT_TYPE_1_RANK = 10000

SLOT_TYPE_2 = cpu=1, mem=1024
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = 8
SLOT_TYPE_2_RANK = 0

}

example2 {

SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpu=1, mem=4096
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 8

SLOT_TYPE_2 = cpu=1, mem=1024
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_2 = 8

SLOT1_RANK = 10000
SLOT8_RANK = 10000
SLOT9_RANK = 0
SLOT16_RANK = 0

}

Neither of these worked.  When I view the machine ads, every slot
reports that its rank is 0.

I did find a solution that did work, but I consider it a very bad hack...

I run two condor_masters and two condor_startds, each with NUM_CPUS set
to |threads|/2 and with the appropriate RANK value.  One of the
master/startd sets has <SUBSYS>_NAME set to something unique.

I would like to avoid this if it's possible and only run one master and
startd, but I can't find any hints on the condor wiki or in the manual
that indicate how this can be accomplished.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks much,
Ross Oldenburg