Re: [Condor-users] Changing defaults for request_* expressions for dynamic slots

On 02/12/2010 12:33 PM, Bob Kinney wrote:
> Hello:
>
> Apologies if this question has been asked and answered, but I wasn't
> able to find an answer in the manual or through the mailing list archives.
>
> I can see from previous discussions that there is an existing RFE for
> providing additional information relating to the default values of the
> request_* expressions for pools that have dynamic slots:
>
> http://condor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=1053
>
> but I don't see any mention of any capability of overriding these values.
>
> Is it possible to change the defaults for these (specifically
> request_memory)?  I only ask because in our environment, if the user
> doesn't add these expressions then request_memory ends up being "1" and
> the slot memory is being used to set limits at the OS level.
>
> Thanks in advance for any assistance/guidance you can provide.
>
> Regards,
> Bob

request_* in a submit file turns into Request* attributes on a job ad. You can use SUBMIT_EXPRS to set a default if you like.

In condor_config.local:

   RequestMemory = 123
   SUBMIT_EXPRS = RequestMemory

And all your jobs will start with RequestMemory = 123, unless request_memory is specified in a submit file.

Best,

matt