[Condor-users] Window EOL (\r\n) on submit versus Linux EOL (\n) on claimed slots

Hi all,

I know I could write a script --and probably will-- but what is the recommended approach for end-of-line conversions between operating systems in a mixed pool?

I have several users who compose jobs on their Windows desktops but expect them to run under Linux/X86_64. They are calling various applications from Bash shell scripts. They fail straight away because the first line
#!/bin/bash
is seen by Linux as
#!/bin/bash\r
and Linux says no such interpreter.

Once you get over this bit (i.e. you delete all the \r chars in the submit script) things aren't too bad as the submitter can use dos2unix to convert other files from the submitted Bash script.

I guess the other direction exists too, but is likely much rarer.
Thanks for any comments,
-Ian

--
Ian Cottam