Re: [Condor-users] Problem Upgrade from 7.0.5 to 7.4.1

Hi,

No i'm not using Vista. My pool is compose of XP 64 bit and server 2003.

For the moment i will plan my upgrade with version 7.2.5. For the ticket how do i open it?

Regards,

Carl

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 10:40:29AM -0500, carl langlois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm in the process of upgrading from 7.0.5 to 7.4.1 and i'm facing a problem
> with Cron job starting.
>
> With 7.0.5 the jobs are starting, but with 7.4.1 i got
>
> Cron: Initializing job 'job2' (C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe)
> 01/06 09:58:03 Create_Process: CreateProcess failed, errno=267
> 01/06 09:58:03 Cron: Error running job 'job2'
>
> any hint?

are you using Vista by any chance?  i found this info on the web:

 http://www.pc-library.com/errors/error-code/267-0x10B/

> The 267 error may happen in computers running on the Windows Vista Operating
> System. It happens when the user tries to launch a program that requires
> elevated permissions. This happens when there is no Temp folder for the
> system or when the User Access Control is enabled. The error may also occur
> in versions of the Windows XP and Windows Server platforms. In this second
> situation, the error is associated with using the Run feature to launch the
> cmd.exe or notepad.exe processes. When a person is logged on as one user and
> attempts to start the processes as another, the error occurs. It may also
> happen when the user name that is currently logged-on is typed into the User
> name box. This is treated by the XP and Server platforms as two different
> users.

it continues to say "The notepad.exe and cmd.exe processes will not be
launched."

and also suggests:

> Microsoft has released a hotfix for the problem on Windows Vista. This error
> was also fixed in the most recent service pack for Vista, which can be
> installed to fix the problem. For the XP and Server platforms, the Command
> Prompt Properties and Notepad Properties can be changed. This is done by
> changing the value of the Start in box in the properties to %WINDIR%.

i'm not sure why it would be different between 7.2.X and 7.4.X, though, so i'm
sorry if that's a red herring.  let me know if this info helps, or feel free to
open a ticket at condor-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx and we'll look into it further.

cheers,
-zach