Re: [Condor-users] condor_master does nothing

thanks. I try to use condor_master -f -t, I got the message

can't safe_open_wrapper(/tmp/condor-lock.0280.783563574616895/InstanceLock,O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_APPEND,S_IRUSR|S_IWUSR) - errno 13" at line 952 in file master.cpp

028 is the computer.

what does this mean? I tried to delete the file, the same message.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 4:14 PM, Zachary Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 02:53:32PM -0600, John wrote:
> Hi all, after I run condor_master, and then ps -ef | grep condor_, I got
> nothing. It seems that condor_master does not do anything. the machine is
> supposed to be the central manager and it worked before. I really appreciate if
> someone can help me out. thanks

the first place to check is the MasterLog:
 condor_config_val MASTER_LOG

look in that file and see if you see any obvious errors indicating why condor
is not starting.

also, if the disk is full and the condor_master cannot open the MasterLog file
itself, you might see that behavior.  the master also tries to create a lock to
prevent you from starting multiple masters.  it will log a message if the lock
fails.

finally, you can try running it in the foreground with logging to the console:
 condor_master -f -t

hope that helps.

cheers,
-zach