Re: [Condor-users] _CONDOR_SLOTID always 1 when using hooks?

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM, Matthew Farrellee <matt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I hadn't noticed, but I can see why...

     // slot identifier
  env_name = base.Value();
  env_name += "SLOT";
  int slot = getMySlotNumber();
  if (!slot) {
     slot = 1;
  }
  proc_env->SetEnv(env_name.Value(), slot);

...which is creepy given that getMySlotNumber tries to guess the number by which STARTER_LOG is being written to, and the logic from getMySlotNumber seems to be in more than one place. If the starter is logging to .../StarterLog.slotX the _CONDOR_SLOT=X.

Are you doing anything to make all the slots log to the same file?

Nope. Everything is logging to its own condor_starter.slotN file on the machines.

BTW, I also don't see a _CONDOR_SLOTID as much as a _CONDOR_SLOT.

Mistype on my part. I meant _CONDOR_SLOT.

Guess it's a bug then?

- Ian