Re: [Condor-users] Dynamic and static linking of Condor

I have only ever been able to make the statically linked libraries work reliably in my RHEL/CentOS/SuSE mixed version environments. The dynamically linked versions have always died with missing and mismatched library errors for me.

In practice I find the statically linked binaries work very well across my mixed bag of OS versions and hardware. My experience says it's the dynamically linked libraries that cause me headaches.

What's your proposed timeline for dropping the statically linked binaries? I'll try and fit in some dynamic testing in the next few weeks. Tell you if they're still unstable for me.

- Ian