Re: [Condor-users] Output files not returned on vanilla pool

Well, I found the problem, but a good solution eludes me.  I have implemented a poor solution:

The .sub file below is created in a Windows command FOR loop over potentially thousands of variant inputs to a program, each of which must be stored in a different named output file for later processing.  So the .sub file is created on the fly, a condor_submit issued, and around the loop goes.  I had no delay in the loop and by the time the first condor_submit was executed a number of cycles had occurred, overwriting previous .sub files and confusing everything.

I put a delay in the loop and all is well.  But it’s a kluge.  I could also have different name for each .sub file and submit that, but the directory will fill with hundreds or thousands of these.  Instead, I’d like a wait to delay the loop by the condor_submit command itself; when the command executes, the loop goes through one more cycle.  Possible?

And another question I have is, the $(ClusterID) macro isn’t working.  Am I using it correctly?

Ralph Finch

California Dept. of Water Resources