[Condor-users] adding a little bit of random to NEGOTIATOR_POST_RANK

Hi all,

after having problems with Condor's default sorting rules (in which jobs will
hit the same machines as we did not have a tie breaker), we wanted to add a
little bit of random noise there, but so far without luck:

We started with

isUndefined(RemoteOwner) * (KFlops * SlotID)

which is a variant from the Condor wiki. Then we thought coll there is
$RANDOM_INTEGER and we could just use:

isUndefined(RemoteOwner) * (KFlops * SlotID) * $RANDOM_INTEGER(1,100)

However, when restarting the negotiator this will only be evaluated once. Thus
is there a way to get this solved on this line? I would like to stay away of
adding random numbers to each slot/node and change the numbers there every
couple of hours/days.

Cheers

Carsten