Re: [Condor-users] RANK certain attributes

Steve,
Thanks for this tip. I hope we document this on the NMI wiki or the manual.

I will add "Department" to STARTD_ATTRS . I have preemption off
therefore I don't have to worry about it.

Basically, your rank statement is saying:

RANK=(ifThenElse(isUndefined(Target.Department),0,ifThenElse(Target.Department=="Chemistry",1000,0)

If Department is undefined the rank will be 0. Meaning everyone has
the same fair rank.
Else If department is defined then chemistry has 1000 of a better
chance than other departments

Correct?

Is there an easier way to rewrite this statement :-) It looks
complicated for newbie condor admins.