Re: [Condor-users] Strange Schedd Behaviour

If the condor_schedd is started as root, then when various
users submit jobs it will temporary change user id to the
submitting user, to create the files, etc.  If it stays
stuck as a regular user for any length of time, though,
then something is wrong.. I suggest turning on at least
D_SECURITY of debug level in SCHEDD_DEBUG, and maybe D_FULLDEBUG,
that will log every time that it tries to change user.

Are you sure that your $(SPOOL) directory is writeable by
the various places that it needs to be, ditto the area where
the users standard output, standard error, and Userlog are kept?
I've seen the schedd get hung as a non-privileged user before
where the user logs were on a NFS volume that was having problems.

Steve Timm