Re: [Condor-users] Condor and monitoring performance

Michael, Ian -

The Condor Log Analyzer works on user-generated log files,
and is good for observing the overall performance envelope of a large workload.
It's available to anyone who would like to use it:

http://condorlog.cse.nd.edu

A while back, we also did some work on analyzing user log files combined
with classads to extract out information of interest to administrators,
such as jobs from user X tend to fail on machine with property Y:

David Cieslak, Nitesh Chawla, and Douglas Thain,
Troubleshooting Thousands of Jobs on Production Grids Using Data
Mining Techniques,
IEEE Grid Computing, pages 217-224, August, 2008. DOI: 10.1109/GRID.2008.4662802
http://www.cse.nd.edu/~ccl/research/pubs/debug-grid08.pdf

I'm not aware of any general purpose tool that works on the condor
daemon log files,
which are rather unstructured.

Cycle Computing has some pretty darn cool tools that process the user
and machine ClassAds
in a Condor pool and can slice and dice into many different kinds of
reports.  Certainly worth checking out.

Best, Doug