Re: [Condor-users] Condor Web interface

Replying to this early email from Mag... just to refresh minds - there was also another project introduced by Rimvydas Alekseijuns in March - see attachment...

Said that and seeing later posted emails in this thread, I think there is quite big interest in condor web interface in general. We are also a little group of people interested in open project which can be deployed and used on top of condor easily in order to monitor/manage the jobs.

Fact is, that every little group using the condor develops own code which makes their life easier running and monitoring the jobs...

Very frequent question for anyone new jumping into pretty large condor users community is, what direction to go interfacing condor? For instance, several tips were proposed in last days by several people:

By Condor (outdated and not in development):
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/birdbath/

Timothy St. Clair, Matthew Farrellee (RedHat)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSm7Ff8kKjk
http://qpid.et.redhat.com/index.html

Ben Burnett:
http://optimization.cs.uleth.ca/doku.php?id=resources:condor_pool

Found by Sussy Natan:
http://www.collab-ogce.org/ogce/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.collab-ogce.org/ogce/index.php/Condor

Rimvydas Alekseijuns:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/webolab
http://www.webolab.net

I've basically summed up here common idea of few interesting projects which are independent of each other. One can pick whatever seems for her/him interesting, but without any evaluation of individual testing, because users requirements always vary, it's difficult to decide where to contribute too and not just take part of code and customize. Spending time trying out all approaches might be pain but worth of make decision then fast...

@Mag, you've metioned start up an open source project of Kevin's approach and then you liked to contribute to Matt's stuff, etc... What about to create a framework in order to test "condor monitors" which will result in ideas how to enhance functionality and what other consumers can take from different monitoring tools on top of condor... Framework might be used then by all who develops tools on their own best effort to facilitate their "business", and in this way concurrently provide useful feedback to condor coders in my opinion ... Condor folks can read behind the lines and also bring up many of condor core enhancements and future ideas where users can contribute.

Just typing as thinking, it wasn't intended make it so long :) - this is message to condor readers - in case of anyone wants to catch up and comment too...

Regards,
Marian

PS: Btw, we would like to contribute too, but still not sure to which condor web interface, anyone needs help? :)