Re: [Condor-users] [Condor-devel] information regarding ticket 1264

On Wednesday 07 July 2010 18:06:51 Timothy St. Clair wrote:
>         In looking through the handshake your credd is trying you auth with
> only PASSWORD, but the master is responding with NTSSPI, KERBEROS which
> is failing authentication b/c there are no matching auth methods.
>
> You may want to try changing your condor_config.local file to:
> CREDD.SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS="NTSSPI,PASSWORD" and give that
> a whirl.

This worked indeed. Many thanks. I have a few of additional questions and
suggestions:

1. Reading
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_6Security.html#SECTION00463000000000000000
seem to suggest that the following configuration line should have worked too,
but when I tested it, it did not:

CREDD.SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS = NTSSPI, PASSWORD

The only syntax which works is the one you provided (quotes around the value
and no space after the coma). I have noticed issues with some configuration
instructions which would not work if there was no space after the comma
(notably the ALLOW_READ/WRITE/etc stanzas). The documentation (or the config
file parser) could be updated, because this is very confusing.

2. Does the addition of "PASSWORD" to CREDD.SEC_DEFAULT_AUTHENTICATION_METHODS
have other implications with regard to the "storing credentials" part of
CREDD*

3. if there is an agreement that this is the way to go to allow a clean
shutdown of the service, I suggest fixing the condor_config.local.credd example
file mentionned in the documentation, since the change is in the "CREDD expert
settings" sections with various warning about changes only to be made by über
condor wizards, which is quite intimidating for the newcommer.

Again thanks a lot for looking into this and providing a fix.

Formations Python, CubicWeb, Debian :  http://www.logilab.fr/formations
Développement logiciel sur mesure :      http://www.logilab.fr/services