Re: [Condor-users] Setting up credentials on a Windows box for the pool manager

I am no expert with Condor, but we are using Condor and all windows nodes. If you are using NTSSPI, the user password is authenticated against the LDAP or the window login credential and therefore, the user password must match the user account. This might be your problem.

mike

From: "Neil Woodhouse" <Neil.Woodhouse@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Condor-Users Mail List" <condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/13/2010 12:22 PM
Subject: [Condor-users] Setting up credentials on a Windows box for the pool        manager
Sent by: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Fellow Condor Users,

                We have created an installer to help our customers configure condor without having to hand edit the configuration files. The installer works like a dream and lays down exactly what we want if we are logged in as the administrator of the domain. Does anyone have an idea of why if we are a domain administrator, logged in as a named user, that the part when we store the credentials this would fail? Is there a way around this? As I mentioned we are installing on various flavors of Windows boxes.