Re: [Condor-users] Help going a little green

condor_status -direct 'hostname' -f "%s\n" state

Anything that's not Idle or Owner would be busy doing Condor work. That should run quickly even on a busy machine.

- Ian

On 2010-06-01, at 5:02 AM, Ian Cottam <ian.cottam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
what mechanism do people recommend for detecting whether a Condor job is allocated and running (on a box running the 7.4 series on Linux/64)? It needs to be a Linux-based script, fast and lightweight. I have a very slight concern that --if too heavy-- when it runs it could suspend the condor job and give a false reading.

The script will be scheduled to run via cron and will shutdown the Linux box if no one logged in and a Condor job not currently allocated.
Thanks
-Ian
ps: we will be investigating formal Condor-based green mechanisms in parallel with this more crude approach

--
Ian Cottam
IT Manager