Re: [Condor-users] Lots of TIME_WAIT sockets killing server

On Tue, Jun 01, 2010 at 09:01:19AM -0500, Steven Timm wrote:
> What is your value of SEC_DEFAULT_SESSION_DURATION
> in your condor_config file. .if you have a lot of machines going in

	I haven't set it, so I guess it's the default
	According
	http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.0/8_3Stable_Release.html
	should be 1 day.

> and out of the pool and you are using TCP which it sounds like you
> are, then the security session is cached for some amount of time
> and a socket is kept open for every machine that has been
> in there.  If you shorten SEC_DEFAULT_SESSION_DURATION it should
> help.   In newer versions of condor it is also possible to
> set it via subsystem, i.e. TOOL.SEC_DEFAULT_SESSION_DURATION=60.

	So, if I've understand this, I should see 1 socket in TIME_WAIT
	status for every machine which was up last day.

	Then, I'm afraid this is not the problem, since I see
	hundreds of sockets for every active condor client...

	I'll try to set that value anyway.

--
PGP and other useless info at      \
http://webdiis.unizar.es/~spd/      \