[Condor-users] java universe, how to configure jvm location?

Hello,

I'm trying to get a java universe working, so far unsuccessfully. The clients are configured with JAVA = JAVA.EXE (so without a path), and this confuses condor; there is no java.exe in that location:

06/03 21:53:18 ERROR: C:\Progra~1\Condor\execute\dir_4088\JAVA.EXE is not a valid Windows executable

I can't put a full path to the jvm in the condor_config, because it contains the java version number, which varies per machine and obviously changes on updates. I've tried using C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe (same binary as the one in the version specific directory, presumably put there by the JRE installation) but this causes another error:

06/03 22:04:15 JavaDetect: failure status 143 when executing C:\WINDOWS\system32\java.exe

Now the clients don't even show up when I do condor_status -java, they did show up (including version info) when I didn't specify any path.

When I run java.exe from a batch file in vanilla universe, everything works as expected, because it is found on the $path.

How do I configure JAVA in condor_config in such a way that the java universe works, without being version specific and breaking on update?

Thanks!

Rob de Graaf
Erasmus MC