Re: [Condor-users] Condor on the PS3

> Hi all:
Hello Ben...  Great to hear from you!

> I'm installing Condor onto a PS3 and I'm just trying to establish if the
> problems I'm encountering are a product of my configuration, or the Condor
> binaries (likely the former).  So, there are two tar-balls that I've tried
> on my PS3 (Yellow Dog Linux release 6.2):
>
> 1) condor-7.5.2-linux-PPC-yd50-dynamic.tar.gz
> 2) condor-7.5.2-linux-PPC-yd50.tar.gz
>
> (1) works as I would expect (but I tried is after struggling with (2) for a
> while).  However, if I execute any binary from (2), it results in a
> segmentation fault.  So I've settled on using (1), but I'm just curious
> why (2) does not work?

I'm guessing that it's a difference from YD 5.0 vs YD 6.2 and their respective
library versions.  The static version of Condor on Linux still dynamically
pulls in the resolver library (actually, it's the static glibc that does
this), so I'm guessing that the glibc in YD 5.0 is incompatible with the
resolver library from YD 6.2.

Does this help?

-Nick

--
           <<< The matrix has you. >>>
 /`-_    Nicholas R. LeRoy               The Condor Project