I have no line on a fix or work around.

- Ian

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-06-09, at 5:29 AM, "Smith, Ian" <I.C.Smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Dear All,

I've recently moved to Condor 7.4.2 on our central manager/submit host running Solaris 10 and found that the schedd seems to be taking a worrying amount of memory. For instance, at present there are only ~ 150 jobs in the queue and the schedd is taking over 900 MB. The documentation seems to suggest that it should only be using around 10 kB per job !! Since this has been rising montonically
seemingly since I restarted the daemons just a few days ago I can only
assume that this is down to a leak.

The net result of this is that condor_q etc can be very slow to respond (more than five minutes on occasion) and it is difficult to submit more than ~ 1000 jobs at once whereas before there was no problem with 10 000 jobs. As far as I can see the auto-clustering is working fine although I sometimes see in the schedd log
messages about rebuilding tables ??

Anyone else seem this on other systems ?

Any suggestions for a fix/workaround ?

regards,

-ian.