[Condor-users] State Change Delay - Hawkeye

Hello Condor Gurus:

I am experience some delays (seems like up to 5 minutes) moving between
states (Busy -> Suspended, Suspended -> Busy) when using
CONTINUE/WANT_SUSPEND/SUSPEND expressions that contain variables defined
in a Condor Hawkeye job.

The Condor Hawkeye job runs every 15 seconds. The output of the job
contains a definition (POVB_HostOsKeyboardIdle). The relevant
configuration settings are below -
STARTD_CRON_JOBLIST = UPDATESTATS
STARTD_CRON_UPDATESTATS_PREFIX = POVB_
STARTD_CRON_AUTOPUBLISH = NEVER
STARTD_CRON_UPDATESTATS_EXECUTABLE =
$(POVB_RELEASE_DIR)/bin/povb_hawkeye_stats
STARTD_CRON_UPDATESTATS_PERIOD = 15s
STARTD_CRON_UPDATESTATS_MODE = Periodic
STARTD_CRON_UPDATESTATS_KILL = True

The local configuration file also contains
POVB_HostOsKeyboardIdle = 0
KeyboardBusy = (POVB_HostOsKeyboardIdle < 5 * $(MINUTE))
ConsoleBusy = (POVB_HostOsKeyboardIdle < 5 * $(MINUTE))

The first line is there to make sure that KeyboardBusy and ConsoleBusy
do not evaluate to UNDEFINED before Condor runs the Hawkeye job for the
first time, but the value of POVB_HostOsKeyboardIdle should be redefined
everytime the Hawkeye job runs.

I can watch the output of the Hawkeye job and can mentally evaluate the
WANT_SUSPEND/SUSPEND expressions - but it takes Condor up to 5 minutes
after these expressions should go to TRUE to change the state. The
POLLING_INTERVAL is set to be 5 seconds - with the debug flags on, I can
see Condor performing these updates every 5 seconds, but the state does
not change. It is only when I see <eval_and_update_all> (which occurs
every 5 minutes) that the state finally changes.

I assume the frequency of <eval_and_update_all> is related to the
Collector update time (UPDATE_INTERVAL). Is this correct? I certainly do
not want to update the collector every 5-15 seconds, just move between
the states.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for all of your help and assistance. It is greatly appreciated!
David