From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Johnson koil Raj
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2010 10:10
To: Condor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [Condor-users] Problem with WSDL and SOAP usage

Hi Smith,

       Do the following.

      1. condor_q <jobId> -bet -ana

      2. Did you compared the compare the JobAds submitted through SOAP
& Cmd line. If some got missed add that also.

      3. If your job matches any machines call requestReschedule() after
job submission.

by
Johnson

SMITH Michael wrote:
> Using 7.2.4 on Windows XP, with Netbeans 6.8 I've generated a jar with

> the condorSchedd.wsdl and condorCollector.wsdl.  In addition I've
> created a small java app which attempts to submit a job.  For 3 full
> days, I've followed instructions and countless pages on the web
> searching for tidbits of information that can help me.
>
> For a test, the job works well using the equivalent job from the
> command line (condor_submit) using the following submit file.
>
> // THIS Woks well only when the SCHEDD_ARGS = -p 8088 is not enabled
> universe = vanilla executable = E:\xfer\myuname_$$(OpSys) arguments =
> -a output = uname.out error = uname.err log = uname.log
>
> requirements = OpSys == "LINUX"
> shouldtransferfiles = IF_NEEDED
> whentotransferoutput = ON_EXIT
>
> queue
>
> The problem is the job submits but remains idle forever.  My job is
> submitted on Windows and attemps to run a job on a Linux (Ubuntu 9.10)

> running Condor 7.2.4, the condor master is the linux box.  This is the

> equivalent java code that submits well but the job never runs, instead

> remaining in the idle state.
>
> // I must enable the SCHEDD_ARGS = -p 8088
>
>             CondorSchedd service = new CondorSchedd();
>             CondorScheddPortType port = service.getCondorSchedd();
>
>             TransactionAndStatus transaction =
> port.beginTransaction(3000);
>             System.out.println("transaction.status := " +
> transaction.getStatus().getCode().value());
>             IntAndStatus clusterId =
> port.newCluster(transaction.getTransaction());
>             System.out.println("clusterId.status := " +
> clusterId.getStatus().getCode().value());
>             IntAndStatus jobId =
> port.newJob(transaction.getTransaction(), clusterId.getInteger());
>             System.out.println("jobId.status := " +
> jobId.getStatus().getCode().value());
>             System.out.println("clusterId := " +
> clusterId.getInteger() + " jobId := " + jobId.getInteger());
>             ClassAdStructAndStatus jobAd = port.createJobTemplate(
>                     clusterId.getInteger(),
>                     jobId.getInteger(),
>                     System.getProperty("user.name"),
>                     UniverseType.VANILLA,
>                     "e:\\xfer\\myuname_LINUX",
>                     "-a", // arguments
>                     "(OpSys == \"LINUX\")"
>                     );
>             System.out.println("classAd.status := " +
> jobAd.getStatus().getCode().value());
>              ClassAdStructAttr attr = new ClassAdStructAttr();
>             attr.setName("Args");
>             attr.setType(ClassAdAttrType.STRING_ATTR);
>             attr.setValue("-a");
>             jobAd.getClassAd().getValue().getItem().add(attr);
>
>             attr = new ClassAdStructAttr();
>             attr.setName("Out");
>             attr.setType(ClassAdAttrType.STRING_ATTR);
>             attr.setValue("e:\\tmp\\uname.out");
>             jobAd.getClassAd().getValue().getItem().add(attr);
>
>             attr = new ClassAdStructAttr();
>             attr.setName("Err");
>             attr.setType(ClassAdAttrType.STRING_ATTR);
>             attr.setValue("e:\\tmp\\uname.err");
>             jobAd.getClassAd().getValue().getItem().add(attr);

> [...]

and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com