From: condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:condor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Rahul Nabar
Sent: Donnerstag, 11. März 2010 21:14
To: condor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Condor-users] what user should I install condor under to create a pure submit node

I read in a section of the manual that for security considerations it
makes most sense to install condor as root. On the other hand the
installation section has a part where it says:

"To simplify installation of Condor, create a Unix user named condor
on all machines in the pool. [snip]."

What's the best strategy? The machine is meant to be a submit node
only but serving a bunch of users. I tried installing as a seperate
"condor" user. I am running the master and schedd daemons but as the
condor user. Unfortunately this leads to errors of the sort:

WARNING: File /home/foouser/test/condor/hello.error is not writable by condor.

Any suggestions?

--
Rahul