Re: [Condor-users] Best citation for Condor?

On Mar 22, 2010, at 1:50 PM, Jeffrey Tilson wrote:
> Hello All,
> I was writing to determine what the preferred citation is for the current Condor package/project.
> Any help would be appreciated.

While there are several good choice, I recommend the following two. It's nice to use both if you can because it shows the longevity of the project, but if you have to choose just one, then choose the first.

Douglas Thain, Todd Tannenbaum, and Miron Livny, "Distributed Computing in Practice: The Condor Experience" Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience, Vol. 17, No. 2-4, pages 323-356, February-April, 2005.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/doc/condor-practice.pdf

Michael Litzkow, Miron Livny, and Matt Mutka, "Condor - A Hunter of Idle Workstations", Proceedings of the 8th International Conference of Distributed Computing Systems, pages 104-111, June, 1988.
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/doc/icdcs1988.pdf

These and other references are available at:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/publications.html

-alain