[Condor-users] random() function in classad

Are classad functions evaluated every time the classad is evaluated?  I
ask, because I would like to add a degree of randomness to a
"periodic_hold" statement, and it would be nice for this to be "fixed".
I am using DAGman classad templating, so in my ideal world the random
function would be evaluated once when the DAG is read in and resolved,
converting DAG node descriptions with a template classad and a set of
parameters into a "real" classad within Condor.

I can live with it being resolved every time the classad is evaluated,
however.

While on this topic, is there a "randn()" function for a normal
(gaussian) distribution, instead of just uniform distribution with
"random()"?

Ian

--
Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD                       W: http://hkl.hms.harvard.edu
ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               T: +1 617 432-5608 x75

begin:vcard
fn:Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
n:Stokes-Rees;Ian
org:Harvard Medical School;Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
adr;dom:;;250 Longwood Ave;Boston;MA;02115
email;internet:ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Associate, Sliz Lab
tel;work:+1 617 432-5608 x75
tel;fax:+1 617 432-5600