Re: [Condor-users] Maya render farm with condor

On 5/18/10 6:14 PM, Ryan Braganza wrote:
Hi

I am trying to setup a maya render farm using condor. I submit a job to render 20 frames, the job executes on a single exec node,

But i wish that the job gets distributed and all exec nodes and each render 1 frame each, insated of the entire job just being handed over to a single exec node.

Can anyone help me out with this .?

I think this is really a question for someone with Maya exepertise.  Condor doesn't know anything specific about Maya.  Once you know what the Maya commands are render specific frames you can then setup a parameterized classad (or even DAG if appropriate) that will split up the commands into independent jobs that will be executed across your cluster.

Anyway, as I said, I think your question should be directed towards Maya documentation first (or Google), then Maya mailing lists second.  Once you have the commands you want, if you can't figure out how to get them split into separate Condor jobs, come back to this list.

Ian
begin:vcard
fn:Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
n:Stokes-Rees;Ian
org:Harvard Medical School;Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology
adr:250 Longwood Ave;;SGM-105;Boston;MA;02115;USA
email;internet:ijstokes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:Research Associate, Sliz Lab
tel;work:+1.617.432.5608 x75
tel;fax:+1.617.432.5600