Re: [Condor-users] Condor and MPI

Hello Omaira

Here are the
manuals:http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/2_9Parallel_Applications.html

In summary:
1.Configure Condor hosts as dedicated. See
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_13Setting_Up.html#sec:Config-Dedicated-Jobs

2.In condor_dir/etc/examples you have bash scripts to launch mpi for
different libraries:lamscript, mp1script(mpich), mp2script(mpich2),
openmpiscript(openmpi).
Condor launch this scripts in parallel on all hosts, and the script is
in charge of start the mpi ring, launch the job and stop the mpi ring.
Usually you have to modify this scripts to adapt to your mpi libraries.

3.You allways have to use the parallel environment, here is a sample
job:
        universe = parallel
        #the main executable allways is a script described in point 2
        executable = mp2script
        #here is your mpi job executable
        arguments = ./simulation sim_parameter
        log = logfile