[Condor-users] Call for Participation at ACM ScienceCloud2010

Dear all,

We are less than a month away from the 1st ACM Workshop on Scientific Cloud Computing (ScienceCloud2010, http://dsl.cs.uchicago.edu/ScienceCloud2010/), which is co-located with the ACM International Symposium on High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC, http://hpdc2010.eecs.northwestern.edu/), and will take place in Chicago Illinois on Monday June 21st.

I wanted to bring a few things to your attention:
  1. We have Dr. Dennis Gannon from Microsoft Research giving the keynote talk (http://dsl.cs.uchicago.edu/ScienceCloud2010/program.htm#Keynote)!
  2. The complete program is now online at http://dsl.cs.uchicago.edu/ScienceCloud2010/program.htm, including all session chairs and accepted papers.
  3. We have a panel discussion organized as a conclusion to the workshop; more information on the panel can be found at http://dsl.cs.uchicago.edu/ScienceCloud2010/program.htm#Panel_on_Scientific_Cloud_Computing. The panel discussion moderator is Dr. Pete Beckman (Argonne National Laboratory & University of Chicago), and the five panelists are Dr. Manish Parashar (Rutgers University), Dr. Dennis Gannon (Microsoft Research), Dr. Kate Keahey (Argonne National Laboratory & University of Chicago), Dr. Peter Dinda (Northwestern University), and Dr. Bob Grossman (University of Illinois at Chicago). Please submit questions for the panel discussion you would like to see answered during the panel to iraicu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject "ScienceCloud2010: panel discussion questions".
  4. With the generous sponsorship of Microsoft Research and Indiana University, we will be organizing and hosting a general workshop reception/dinner on Monday evening, for which all registered HPDC and/or workshops attendees will be able to attend free of charge. The specifics around this reception/dinner are still in the works, but if you will be in Chicago on Monday evening, keep your calendar open.
Don't forget that the HPDC/workshop early registration ends June 1st, after which the registration fees will increase.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago next month!

Regards,
Dr. Ioan Raicu, Dr. Pete Beckman, and Dr. Ian Foster
ACM ScienceCloud2010 Chairs
http://dsl.cs.uchicago.edu/ScienceCloud2010/
Ioan Raicu, Ph.D.
NSF/CRA Computing Innovation Fellow
Center for Ultra-scale Computing and Information Security (CUCIS)
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Rd, Tech M384
Evanston, IL 60208-3118
Cel:   1-847-722-0876