Re: [Condor-users] Condor and Python

> Hi:

Hello Nick,

> I write a python script which takes too much time to run in my Mac... I

> therefore turn to Condor for help. I've learned the way to run Matlab

> script in Condor so I guess running Python should be similar. But I read

> some posts in the mailing list that Condor doesn't quite support Python...

> So anyone can help me on how to submit and run a Python script in Condor?

There is no native support for Python in Condor. However, that shouldn't prevent you from submitting Python programs as vanilla universe jobs. Off the top of my head, I'd start with a submit file like this:

universe = vanilla

executable = /usr/bin/python

arguments = my_script.py

transfer_input_files = my_script.py

should_transfer_files = IF_NEEDED

Hope this helps,

-Nick

--

<<< The Matrix is everywhere. >>>

/`-_ Nicholas R. LeRoy The Condor Project

{ }/ http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~nleroy http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor

\ / nleroy@xxxxxxxxxxx The University of Wisconsin

|_*_| 608-265-5761 Department of Computer Sciences