Re: [Condor-users] Condor Grid?

Hello Edier,

Yes, you can flock between them.  Using the CCB since the worker nodes are behind firewalls.  This is of course assuming both clusters run condor.

Flocking:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/5_2Connecting_Condor.html

CCB:
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/condor/manual/v7.4/3_7Networking_includes.html#SECTION00473000000000000000
It should be noted that when using the CCB, a good rule is to have the schedd on the public network, and the worker nodes on the private.

Globus is a solution if the clusters run non-condor, or if they run different batch schedulers.  But if they both run condor daemons, it is much simpler to setup a condor grid of flocking.

Derek Weitzel
Graduate Research Assistant
University of Nebraska Holland Computing Center